Sunday, August 30th was the most emotionally taxing sermon I have ever prepared for and preached. I dealt with the issue of abortion, delivering a polemical and pastoral message on the moral wrong of abortion. I looked at the question, “what is the unborn?” and answered that question from Scripture, Science, and Common Sense. You can listen to that message below. Also you will find a list of resources we have compiled to help you educate yourself on this issue and like Nehemiah, weep and pray for God’s help in restoring what is broken.
- Pro-Life 101 by Scott Klusendorf. A very brief but good book that helps you communicate the Pro-life case.
- The Case for Life: Equipping Christians to Engage the Culture by Scott Klusendorf. A longer, more thorough, yet readable tool to help you communicate the main issue at stake in the debate: What is the Unborn?
- Why Pro-Life? by Randy Alcorn. A short and highly readable book with a pastoral tone.
- Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. The ethics division of the Southern Baptist Convention, committed to promoting and protecting life as well as religious liberty.
- Life Training Institute. A website committed to persuasively communicating the Pro-Life message.
- Eternal Perspective Ministries. The ministry of Randy Alcorn providing great resources on the issue of abortion.
- Desiring God Ministries. The ministry of Pastor John Piper providing great sermons and resources for the pro-life cause.
- Students for Life. A student movement seeking to abolish abortion in their generation.